Here are instructions on how to access the Johannes' Paint Along programs. The Paint Along workshops have been done several different ways through the years, so they are going to be accessed differently depending on the Paint Along.
The newer Paint Alongs, 42 to Present, will be accessed in your My Videos section of your account with the instructions below. 41 is accessed from your My Purchases section as well, but with a PDF download that will supply you with a link and password. 40 and older will be accessed with the link and password that were emailed to you at the time of purchase.
If there are any Paint Alongs you need the link and password for, please reply back to this email with the order number and Paint Along number and I will be happy to send them to you.
Here is how to access the Paint Along Workshops 42 to Present:
- Log in to ArtistsNetwork.com
- Click on Login/Register and login with your email/username and password
- Click “My Videos” in the upper right corner of the screen,
- This will take you to your “Watch & Learn” dashboard.
- Scroll down to page find the title of the Paint Along you are wanting to view and click “Start Watching.”
*If you have started watching a video and cannot find it on the “In Progress” tab, it may be located in the “Completed” tab
- This will take you to the course/video page.
- You can pivot thru the class pages and watch the videos here.
**For the best viewing experience during the live workshop we recommend watching on Twitch. To do so click on Twitch in the lower right corner of the video screen, or on the Watch live video link located below the video screen
To Access Course Materials:
- The class reference photo and template will be located just below the video screen of each class.
- To open and download these files, Click on the links, then do a "Save As" to download the file
To save to your computer:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select Save Link As (Firefox, Chrome) or Save Target As (Internet Explorer).
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option Save Link As (Safari).
- Once the live event has ended a link to the recording will be posted here as well.
Example screenshot below:
- For courses on desktop or laptop computers, you will have to allow pop-ups on our website from your web browser. Many web browsers will display a small notification at the top of the page that reads “popup blocked” upon clicking “My Videos” or "Course Redemption" Click on this notification to enable popups on our site. This will allow you to view the course.
- If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser’s “settings” and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
- Here’s a list of popular browsers and how to enable pop-up windows on each.
Watch & Learn Dashboard
- Once you have started watching a video/course it will be stored in the “In Progress” tab near the top of your Watch & Learn Dashboard.
- Once you have gone through each class/video, it will be stored in the “Completed” tab. You can access all references and recordings at any time from this location.
What are the technical requirements for participating in a Paint Along Workshop?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (Mozilla Firefox is recommended for best viewing experience).
- You will also want to be connected to the Internet via an Ethernet Cable (available at any computer store) if possible versus wireless connectivity which can cause buffering issues. In case you have not acquired the cable, try to narrow the space from your device to the modem, preferably watch your video in the same room where the modem is located.
- A 5mbps download speed on your computer is recommended. Run a speed test here: http://speedtest.net. If you get 5mbps download you are good to go.
- You can also watch the class on a large HDTV by connecting an HDMI cable. If it is a Smart TV, you can watch it directly.