How do I access Paint Along Workshops?
The Paint Along Workshops have been done several different ways through the years, so they are going to be accessed differently depending on the Paint Along.
The newer Paint Alongs, 42 to Present, will be accessed in your My Videos section of your account with the instructions below. 41 is accessed from your My Purchases section as well, but with a PDF download that will supply you with a link and password. 40 and older will be accessed with the link and password that were emailed to you at the time of purchase.
If there are any Paint Alongs you need the link and password for, please contact customer service with your order number and Paint Along number and we will be happy to send you access to the workshop.
Please contact our Customer Service HERE. (Service hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. MT)
Here are instructions on how to access the Paint Along Workshops and the materials:
- Go to https://www.artistsnetwork.com/my-account/
- Login with your email/username and password, and check the box to verify you are not a robot.
- Click “My Videos” in the upper right corner of the screen
- This will take you to your “Watch & Learn” dashboard.
*If you are not linked over to this page, see Popup Blockers instruction at the bottom of the email.
- Scroll down the page to find the title of the Paint Along you are wanting to view and click “Start Watching/Continue” to open the course page
- Once you have started watching a video/course it will be stored in the “In Progress” tab near the top of your Watch & Learn Dashboard.
- Once you have gone through each class/video, it will be stored in the “Completed” tab. You can access all references and recordings at any time from this location.
Course Page Navigation:
- Click on "Expand" for more information and to access the live events
- In each Class section it will provide you with link to the live event, and downloadable files for the Reference, Template, and help with how to trace.
- Johannes will post an image of his finished painting along with the recording of the workshop 5-7 days after the live air date.
To Access Workshop's Materials:
- The class reference photo and template will be located just below the access link to each class.
- To open and download these files, Click on the links, then do a "Save As" to download the file
To save to your computer:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select Save Link As (Firefox, Chrome) or Save Target As (Internet Explorer).
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option Save Link As (Safari).
- Once the live event has ended a link to the recording will be posted here, along with Johannes's finished painting.
Watch & Learn Dashboard
- Once you have started watching a Paint Along it will be stored in the “In Progress” tab near the top of your Watch & Learn Dashboard.
- Once a Paint Along is over and you have gone through each class, your Paint Along will be stored in the “Completed” tab. You can access all references and recordings at any time from this location.
- If you have started watching a Paint Along and cannot find your Paint Along on the “In Progress” tab, it may be located in the “Completed” tab; click here to check and start watching.
What is a Paint Along Workshop?
It is a live, online class that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room.
The sessions will be broadcast via Twitch which is a high-quality live stream platform owned by the Amazon company. The online class will stream as high definition for which you will need a fluent internet connection.
The classes are live and we utilize live text chatting, where you can ask your instructor questions as well as chat with fellow artists. Type the full statement in capital letters if it is a question or comment to Johannes so it stands out. To activate this option you will need to create a free Twitch account (only new users). Make sure not to include blank spaces while typing in the username and password. The video screen has the option of full screen. The clickable option is at the bottom right of the video screen. There is also a theater mode option that places the chat box next to the video.
Our live events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account — for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on…
In case you do not attend the live sessions, the streaming recordings will be posted right after the class is over. A few days later you will be able to download the recordings and store them locally. Check the student page regularly for updates–instructions for access will be sent with your workshop purchase. All workshop-related materials and links will appear there.
What are the technical requirements for participating in a Paint Along Workshop?
You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (Mozilla Firefox is recommended for best viewing experience).
You will also want to be connected to the Internet via an Ethernet Cable (available at any computer store) if possible versus wireless connectivity which can cause buffering issues. In case you have not acquired the cable, try to narrow the space from your device to the modem, preferably watch your video in the same room where the modem is located.
A 5mbps download speed on your computer is recommended. Run a speed test here: http://speedtest.net. If you get 5mbps download you are good to go.
You can also watch the class on a large HDTV by connecting an HDMI cable. If it is a Smart TV, you can watch it directly.
What can I do during a Paint Along Workshop?
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via Internet connection)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time. Type the full statement in capital letters if it is a question or comment to Johannes so it stands out. To activate this option you will need to create a free Twitch account (only new users). Make sure not to include blank spaces while typing in the username and password.
How do I access my North Light Shop account?
Previous Paint Along and North Light Shop customers will need to link your old account with a new Artists Network account and then you’ll be able to access all of your videos, courses, and shop history in one place!
To link your existing account(s), click here and follow the steps below:
- Register your new account using the same email address from your original account.
- You can either use your original password or create a new one. **Please note for security reasons, passwords have not been migrated to your new account.
- Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email to complete your account process.
- Click on the link in that email and then you will have access to your full, consolidated account via My Account on Artists Network.