These instructions are for the Paint Along Workshops that have or will be airing live on Saturdays. If you purchased a Video Download version click here for instructions.
*Images may vary depending on device being used*
Here are instructions on how to access the LIVE Paint Along Workshops and their materials:
- Go to https://www.artistsnetwork.com/my-account/, and login with your email/username and password
- After logging in, you will be brought to your account dashboard.
-From the left-hand menu select Paint Along & Membership Access
-Or you can click on 'Your Name' in the upper right and select Paint Along Access from the dropdown.
*For mobile device access help, see the screenshots at the bottom of this page.*
- Locate the Paint Along you would like to watch and click the blue View box to the right of the title.
*There may be other course and membership accesses in this area*
- Click the blue View box to the right of the title. This will take you directly to the Paint Along access page.
NOTE: The Paint Along workshops have been done several different ways through the years, so they are going to be accessed differently depending on the Paint Along number. Here are instructions on how to access the Johannes' Paint Along Workshops.
- Paint Along 42 to current will be accessed in your Paint Along Access or Downloads section of your account.
- 41 is accessed with a link and password from PDF in your Downloads section of your account.
- 40 and older will be accessed with the link and password that were emailed to you at the time of purchase.
Workshop Page Navigation:
- Scroll down the page to locate the class reference and video links you would like to view.
- In each Class section it will provide you with link to the live event, and downloadable files for the Reference, Template, and help with how to trace.
- The class reference photo and template will be located just below the access link to each class.
-To open these files in a new browser window simply click on the links
To save to your device:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select the ”Save Link As” option
*MAC Users: Hold the control key while clicking on the download link and select the "Download Linked File” (Safari) or ”Save Link As” (Chrome) option.
*Tablet/Smartphone: Hold down on download link and select "Download Linked File" or ”Save Link As” option. (Note: When using an iPad the Safari browser will need to be used to get the option to save to your device)
- To Access the Live Workshop click on the Join Live Event link
-This will link you over to Johannes' Live Twitch page. This will also link you to watch the streamable recording after the live workshop has ended. The link is located under the reference photos of each class and says, "Join Live Event".
- Johannes will post an image of his finished painting, along with the recording of the workshop 2-3 days after the live air date.
What are the technical requirements for participating in a Paint Along Workshop?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (Mozilla Firefox is recommended for best viewing experience).
- The great majority of students enjoy a fluid streaming video. If you experience constant buffering, try to narrow the space from your WIFI device to the modem, preferably watch your video in the same room where the modem is located. If that doesn't work, will also want to be connected to the Internet via an Ethernet Cable (available at any computer store).
- A 5mbps download speed on your computer is recommended. Run a speed test here: http://speedtest.net. If you get 5mbps download you are good to go.
- You can also watch the class on a large HDTV by connecting an HDMI cable. If it is a Smart TV, you can watch it directly.
- To text chat in the live streaming platform (Twitch) you will need to create a free https://twitch.tv account.
Closed Captioning (CC):
For the live Twitch feed You will see the CC icon at the bottom right.
For CC on recordings from Artists Network:
- On your computer, open Google Chrome
- At the top right, click on the 3 dots and select Settings.
- Click on Accessibility, and Turn on Live Caption.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions above and CC will appear while steaming in the Chrome browser.
*Images may vary depending on device being used.*
If using a mobile device, to navigate to your account dashboard:
-Click on the 3 line in the upper left to open your menu
-Click on My Account:
-On the right hand side, click on the 3 line to open the My Account menu:
If you have any further questions please contact our Customer Service Here.